Sunday, July 22, 2012

Week Seven: Final Pinterest Project Tub Cleaning

This week, I decided to clean my bathtub and even though the pictures aren't great, I think everyone can tell that this tub needed a good clean (see photo below). My inspiration was the tub cleaner solution from Pinterest (see photo to right) of equal parts white vinegar (microwaved for 90 seconds) and Dawn dish soap in a spray bottle swirled around. You're supposed to spray and let it set for one to two hours.

I didn't have Dawn dish soap so I took my chances with Palmolive. Although you can see from my before and after pictures that it actually does work, here are the lessons I learned from implementing this Pin this week.

  • Be really careful when pulling the vinegar out of the microwave, it's extremely hot.
  • Use a funnel when putting the vinegar and dish soap into the spray bottle, it's a heck of a lot easier.
  • The fumes are noxious! Be prepared for strong smells from the beginning. Even when you spray the tub and leave the bathroom, the smell will waft down the hall as you're letting it sit. Use a fan to help with the stench.
  • Let it sit for the recommended two hours. I only let it sit for one hour and did have to scrub a bunch. Either way, it was a lot less scrubbing that would have happened with regular cleaners I've used in the past.
PINTEREST success!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment