Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Week Three: Finished Project

I saw this really cute watermelon train on Pinterest and wanted to try it for a BBQ I was hosting with some of my freight rail colleagues. I wanted it to be functional though and not just a pretty centerpiece.

Other than watermelon, the only other fruit I was serving for the BBQ was strawberries, so that helped decide the design of the final product. We'd just need one "railcar" to hold the strawberries. I purchased two watermelons from Costco, just in case one wouldn't be enough, or in case I messed up the first one. See the graphic to the right on how the watermelon fruit train came to life.

I was missing some serving platters, hence the foil platter. I would make that change for next time and also use more black licorice to make tracks underneath the kiwi fruit wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment