Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Week Four: Final Pinterest Project

When I saw this alphabet book on Pinterest, I just happened to have an expiring Groupon for Shutterfly that I needed to use. In preparation for the book, I went to Facebook to pull down photos for the book and renamed them by what letter they were going to represent in the book. It was the most efficient way for me to choose photos, but I was having some trouble identifying things for some of the letters. C, I, and Y were difficult for me at the time to identify, but I only spent two nights working on this part of the task.

Once I had the letters identified, I went to Shutterfly and chose the book with pre-loaded alphabet settings, which made this Pinterest project a heck of a lot easier. I did have to move some of the letters around based on the number of photos I wanted to include, but their Customize feature allowed me to easily move the letters around and add embellishments as needed. (Note: make sure you check out any coupons online that you can apply to your order or any special deals they're running. Just search "Shutterfly coupons" in Google and you'll find a plethora of resources. You can do the same for the production site you use, or anything you order online for that matter.)

The focus of our alphabet book is more focused on what our baby can expect from our crazy family. :) I will definitely have a version two when the baby is a little older so I can include photos of him and how it relates to the alphabet.

No comments:

Post a Comment